on the island of Rügen
Important information about the camping site
Before you come to spend your holiday with us, you can acquaint yourself here with the regulations and special features of the Prora camping site. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
|Operating period 2024||15.05. - 03.11.2024|
|Afternoon rest:||1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. (Barrier closed)|
|Night-time rest:||11:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m. (Barrier closed)|
|Opening hours for reception desk:||Daily 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.|
Arrival until 7 p.m.
|Characteristics of the site:||Flat meadows punctuated with deciduous and coniferous trees in a forest clearing.|
|Information:||For reasons of hygiene, pets are not allowed in the rental accommodation.|
The areas around the embankment, lodge, Sonneneck [sunny corner], Waldesruh and Waldeck [Forest corner] are meant for only caravans.
FLocation of the camping site
- approx. 1500 m to the north of the Baltic Sea Resort of Binz.
- Distance to the nearest stop for local public transport: ca. 200 m.
Special features worth mentioning:
- Appointments for spa treatments
- cost-free travel by bus to the spa facilities 1.5 km away
- From May to September reservation is highly recommended!
Soil condition and vegetation at the camping site:
- Meadow, grass or lawn, bare ground or the like, little tree vegetation, shrubs and hedges
- Size and structure of the camping site
- Total area of the camping site: 3.5 ha,
- Number of parking spaces for tourists: 135 parcelled and numbered parking spaces for tourists
Food and drinks/shopping:
- Food supply, distance: approx. 1500 m;
- Restaurant (at the site)
- Just in case your caravan/camper requires some professional attention:We recommend the Dahnke Caravan Centre in Stralsund
Design of the parking spaces for tourists:
All parking spaces have CEE-power connections with electrical current of 6 Amps.
Leisure without boredom
Children's playground, bathing facilities on the fine, sandy Baltic Sea beach, distance: approx. 600 m, bicycle rental services available
We kindly ask you to observe a few ground rules for the benefit of everyone.
- We live together in and with nature - please keep waste separation in mind, barbecuing is prohibited in dry conditions.
- Please only use open-pored tent carpets when laying out your awnings. Plastic films suffocate the lawn and must be removed.
- Your neighbours are not always lovers of your loud jokes and radios - please keep quiet after 11:00 p.m.
- The only way to deal with the dirty work in the sanitary facilities and the dishwasher house is by working together.
- It goes without saying that driving at walking speed is absolutely necessary, and the designated traffic rest periods must be observed.
- Even if your dog is one of the best trained in its class, within the campsite it must always be kept on a short leash, without exception, and for hygienic reasons it should do its “business” well outside the campsite area.
- Pets are not allowed in the tent area for hygiene reasons!
- Our youngest guests (under 6 years of age) are kindly requested to be accompanied by their mum or dad when entering the sanitary facilities or the dishwasher house.
- Chemical toilets should only be emptied into funnels specially provided for this purpose.
- Tents, cars, caravans and mobiles may only be set up in designated areas.
- Inconsiderateness towards our guests as well as gross violations of our campsite rules will result in immediate expulsion from the premises.
Sanitary facilities at the camping site
- Individual washing cubicles with hot water: 12
- Washing basins with hot water: 12
- Showers with hot water: 14
- Toilet(s), washing basin(s) and warm shower(s) for persons in wheelchairs
- Number of flushing seat-toilets: 21
- Drain for cassette toilets
- Disposal of sewage and faecal tanks
- Dishwashing sinks with hot water:
- Laundry basins with cold water
- Washing machine (s), tumble-dryer(s)
Our sanitary facilities are completely fitted with under-floor heating!